Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Howard Marks- a personal account

The first time I met Howard Marks was the summer of 1997, he had come to Portsmouth for the annual Smokey Bears Picnic on Southsea Common.
We had arranged for him to drop in at my house to chat to a reporter from a local magazine before heading on to the picnic.
Howard was smoking some black Nepalese hash.
I asked him if he would be taking any dope to the picnic, “Oh sure” he said in his Welsh accent, “I always have a bit with me, I’m bustable 100% of the time”.



This is the opening paragraph and very good personal account of meeting and working and being involved with cannabis campaigner and former smuggler Howard Marks. It also has the video we produced for Undercurrents about taking direct action to legalise cannabis.

Read more of it here




Undercurrents is an award winning alternative news service producing videos of people taking inspiring actions. http://www.undercurrents.org

No comments: