Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Al Jazeera try to claim my video as their own!

Al Jazeera are claiming this morning that they own one of my videos
YouTube wrote to me today stating

'Your video "Hidden video camera inside Israeli prison", may have content that is owned or licensed by Al Jazeera, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.'

I have counter claimed so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.


I replied;
Through my company Undercurrents prod, I directed, I hired the camera operators, and edited this video. I own the copyright for all the images. I have the original tapes, I can provide witness statements from the camera people if needed.

A week later I get an email stating 'Al Jazeera has reviewed your dispute and released its copyright claim on your video'. Always feels good to win a dispute.



Undercurrents is an award winning alternative news service producing videos of people taking inspiring actions. http://www.undercurrents.org

No comments: