Between the Lines and Truthloader have joined forces to launch a citizen journalism mobile phone challenge! Whether you're a seasoned documentarian or journalist, an amateur filmmaker or there is simply an issue you feel needs reporting, pick up your mobile phone now and get filming!
What are you passionate about? What gets your goat? What does the mainstream media miss? What's your perspective?
Make a film on your mobile phone on a topic you care about or a subject you want to investigate. Whether you want to highlight an issue, give someone else a voice or tell a story that's personal to you, this is your chance to say it in your way.
WANT SOME INSPIRATION?
The Truthloader YouTube channel is home to hundreds of videos from citizen journalists around the world. See their Top 20 Videos here and subscribe to Truthloader to watch new citizen journalism every day!
- Entries must be between 1 minute and 5 minutes in length
- Entries must be filmed solely on a mobile phone
- Entries must be received by 12th April 2013
We're looking for entrants of all ages from all around the country.
HOW TO ENTER
Enter your film by self-publishing it online and then letting us know. All films must be uploaded to YouTube. Once your film is online, send us the link one of two ways:
- Either email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Citizen Journalism Challenge'
- Or tweet the link to @BTLfest with the hashtag #BTLcitizenjournalism.More on dochouse.org
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Tuesday 30th April 2013
The top five entries will each be featured on the Truthloader Youtube site in May 2013. The overall winner will receive an Iphone5 handset and the latest three DVDs from documentary distributor Dogwoof!