Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Quentin Tarantino outburst on Channel 4 news

Quentin Tarantino's new movie, Django Unchained, has its UK release on 18 January. But the violence portrayal has been a big talking point of the movie.

The director has been castigated for the film’s use of violence and approach to the subject of slavery. But for Tarantino, enough is enough. In this Channel 4 News interview with Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Tarantino refuses to play ball, at one point telling the news anchor “I’m not your slave and you’re not my master. You can’t make me dance to your tune. I’m not a monkey.”

I find his outburst amazing in that he doesn't want to explain his love of violence in his movies. Well worth watching to get an insight into the directors mind
Watch the video interview here

Undercurrents is an award winning alternative news service producing videos of people taking inspiring actions. http://www.undercurrents.org

No comments: