Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How to fund a film- using your imagination

Having spent 10 years producing documentaries for television, Emily didn't doubt that she'd be able to make the film for either Channel 4 or the BBC. But selling the idea to commissioning editors was riven with difficulties. "I was asked to sit down and write a treatment for a commission and I was in tears," she recalls. "The executive producer kept reminding me that I had to be objective and journalistic about this story. They seemed to believe that in order to attract an audience to the film you had to have a negative critical perspective on the people that were in the film because that was the way to get your two million viewers at nine o'clock. I just thought to myself, 'I can't sell out all the people who had put their trust in me.'"
Find out how she is making her film and how you can help

Meet the crew behind the film in this funny video


Undercurrents is an award winning alternative news service producing videos of people taking inspiring actions. http://www.undercurrents.org