Are you campaigning on an environmental issue at a local, national or
global level? Would you like support to be a better campaigner?
An SMK Award is for people who are just starting out as campaigners and
want to take their work to the next level. And if you are not a
campaigner yourself, but know someone who might benefit from the award
you can nominate them in less than two minutes!
Deadline for applications: Midday on 28th June 2010
There are seven other SMK Campaigner Award categories. To find out more
visit our website .
What does the award winner receive? Our programme of support is designed
to work flexibly for busy campaigners! Over six months you will:
* Be invited to a high profile awards ceremony
* Receive one-to-one coaching from a highly experienced campaigner
* Receive mentoring or shadowing sessions with experts in your field
* Receive public affairs and media coaching
* Take part in an intensive and inspiring residential skills-building
* Be invited into the SMK Alumni programme, enabling you to attend talks
and events organised by SMK
About SMK The Sheila McKechnie Foundation is the only registered charity
in the UK dedicated to connecting, informing and supporting campaigners.
* Runs an annual awards programme to support new and emerging
* Runs a series of events about effective campaigning
* Manages www.campaigncentral.org.uk , the online community for
* Promotes the rights of campaigners Go to our website to read the
application criteria and download the application form.
T: 020 7700 8231
Undercurrents is an award winning alternative news service producing videos of people taking inspiring actionshttp://www.undercurrents.org