A Barn Camp in the beautiful Wye Valley from Thursday 11th till Sunday
14th June 2009.
The 3rd edition of our summer camp at Highbury Farm in the beautiful
Wye valley taking place between the 11th and 13th June* and this year
entitled BarnCamp, it'll feature two days of workshops, demos,
discussions and practical, how-to sessions looking at how technology
can be useful (and dangerous) for campaigners, community activists and
general trouble makers. Come along if you are interested in...
* 12v power for beginners - running tech in the field, or from your vehicle
* Multimedia and music - Share how to Communicate messages and
media in our peer to peer learning workshops
* Free software and security - ever wanted to communicate securely
(come one everyone has a secret or two!)
* Food foraging, rocket stove and other outdoor-like workshops.
* Free Network Services - How communication can be more ethical
and autonomous in the days of the Corporate information services
In the evening there will be both indoor and fireside entertainment,
and plenty of time to meet people, and chill.
More details to are available on our organising website.
There's about the (small) fee we need to run the event, you'll need to
sign-up, there's info about transport, and what workshops to expect or
how to offer a workshop in our Barn Camp knowledge extravaganza.
In the meantime, if you're interested in coming or getting involved in
the running, Get in touch via our mailing list.
**What is a Barn Camp
Well we just made it up cos it sounds cool. But the name has it's
roots in the Bar Camp concept. What is a Bar Camp - well go to
barcamp.org and it'll tell you that it ..
* is an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share
and learn in an open environment.
* It is an intense event with discussions, demos and interaction
from participants who are the main actors of the event.
So, it's the same - only it's happening in a Barn - yes a real Barn -
on a farm. No shit. Well apart from ... you know. Anyway the focus is
on a healthy take on technology, a mix of computer, hardware and
general fun in the sun workshops.