Ofcom's Community Radio Fund Panel met on Monday 25 January to
consider applications for the second round of grant awards for
2009/10. In summary, at the time of the meeting:
- The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) allocated
£460,000 towards the Community Radio Fund for 2009/10 (a further
£40,000 was allocated by them to other community radio projects).
- In the first round of funding in June 2009, the Panel made grants
totalling £233,460. This left £226,540 for this second round.
- 39 applications were considered
- Funding applications totalled £830,330.83
- 14 applicants were awarded grants which totalled £226,532
- 25 applicants were not awarded a grant
Applications for the first round of funding in 2010/11:
- Applications will be invited in April 2010, with a closing date in
May 2010. Dates to be confirmed.
- The Panel will meet to make decisions on these applications on 28 June 2010.
- At the time of publication, Ofcom cannot confirm how much money will
be available to the Fund during the financial year 2010/11. Ofcom
understands that DCMS will continue to support alternative community
media projects and the exact amount to be used in this way in 2010/11
has yet to be confirmed.
- The Panel will give priority to those applicants who have not
received funding in previous years.