Sunday, July 05, 2009

Funds for young people

The trust makes grants with at least 40% of its income through two schemes. These are what we call “small grants” and the “David Bellew Memorial Fund”. The remaining 60% of its income is given out as two Major Grants.
Major Grants

Each year the trust will support two projects within the UK with a substantial grant. These will be projects working specifically with young people, providing alternative education. The trustees will decide which projects they want to support in each year, and will award these grants in October of each year. Read More
Small Grants

The Trust encourages applications from any voluntary and community group, or any non-profit making organisation, providing that the purpose for which they are seeking a grant is charitable and is for the benefit of young people living within the UK, or involved with developing their education through alternative means. Read More
David Bellew Memorial Fund

The David Bellew Memorial Fund was setup and named after one of our founder trustees and directors died earlier this year. The money is used to help yound people (aged 16-25 yrs) take part in expeditions to broaden their horizons. One grant annually will be awarded up to a maximum of 90% of the fund. Read More
http://www.wiscm.org.uk/apply-for-funding.php

No comments: