application deadline : February 1 2009
The Ex Oriente Film workshop is a training program that supports the
development and funding of creative documentary films in the entire region of
Central and Eastern Europe. During three sessions that take place over the course of one year, filmmakers and producers receive assistance from experienced European producers, directors,trainers, AV experts and TV commissioning editors in order to develop their tory, draft a financing strategy for their project and find international
partners. Ex Oriente Film leads into the East European Forum - pitching session for East European creative docs.
What is unique about the 2009 Ex Oriente Film workshop?
- participants work simultaneously on production as
well as on the storyline, content and visual style, supporting primarily innovative
and fresh film language;
- creative directors are invited to offer participants inspiration;
- Ex Oriente Film helps creative projects that cannot be funded through
standard TV sales by trying to find alternative channels and opportunities;
- filmmakers are supported not only during the sessions, but also through consultations in between theworkshops; they also get support to travel to the main industry events where they attend consultations and receive assistance with networking;
- after the workshop we keep in touch with all our participants, and through
other IDF activities we offer comprehensive follow-up support, providing
international PR for any new developments, festival release or distribution.
Participation fee is EUR 1.150,- per selected project; this covers the
accommodation and part of catering at all 3 workshops for 2 pers.
Participants from Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia,
Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovenia and Romania can apply for a scholarship (at IDF),
when they prove that there is no possibility to get any scholarship in
their own country and the project is not supported by any development grant.
Participants from other countries unfortunately cannot receive the scholarship
in any case.
Ivana Miloševič (firstname.lastname@example.org), Hana Rezkova (email@example.com)
Institute of Documentary Film (IDF)
Skolska 12, Prague 1, 110 00