Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Music video maker wanted

Anyone want to put together a video for Autons song- Politicians?

It doesn¹t have to be a band jumping around like frying beans kinda thing.
It could be a graphic video featuring images, anything you want. The idea
is to leave a piece of art that reflects the multitude of ways we on the
edge may feel about mainstream politics.

If you go to Autons website: www.myspace.com/autonsland you can view a few
previous videos the band have made:
1. Their climate change ŒMaybe¹ song has gained a lot of attention from the
media (and continues too)
2. Their ŒElection Singer¹ song pins their flag bold and clear (Politicians
is like neither of these two tunes though)

We have no expections as to what can be done with the video. But, whatever
it is it has to be out there, making a point (when few are in music) and
looking fantastic.

The lyrics are printed below. We are currently mixing the song and we can
send you a copy this month. It is kinda like Massive Attack/Low era Bowie,
Echo and the Bunnymen in a weird way.

We have no money ourselves. But perhaps someone can attract funding, or
wants a project like this to work on.


Politicians

I¹ve been through a million changes
I¹ve been through a million changes
Happy to see that you¹ve been gunning for me
Happy to see that you¹ve been hanging on me

Politicians won¹t pay the price
They find an answer, yeah, they always find a way
I think I¹ve turned
I think I¹ve turned a corner
I found religion by the side of a motorway

I¹ve been through a million changes
I¹ve been through a million changes
Happy to see that you¹ve been gunning for me
Happy to see that you¹ve been hanging on me

Politicians don¹t play the game
They find redeemers and escape the policy
I think I¹ve turned
I think I¹ve turned a corner
I found my lover in a lighthouse by the sea

Politicians won¹t stay the course
They run ahead but they never feed the race
I think I¹ve turned
I think I¹ve turned a corner
I found the answer in a great big open space

Come on answer me!
Come on answer me!
Happy to see you¹ve been depending on me
Happy to see you¹ve been relying on me

Politicians won¹t stem the flow
They take your details but they will not take your pain
I think I¹ve turned
I think I¹ve turned a corner
I found my soulmate lying in the pouring rain

ENDS.

Hope someone can help, email Tony at Permaculture Magazine: Solutions For
Sustainable Living (tony@permaculture.co.uk) if you are interested and wish
to know more.

Many thanks!

Tony

Tony Auton
Autons HQ
The Sustainability Centre
Droxford Road, East Meon, Hampshire, GU32 1HR

Mob: 07768 002 593
Web: www.myspace.com/autonsland

No comments: