Tuesday, October 23, 2007

3 Minute Wonders Adventures in Recycling!

Watch the winning Three Minute Wonders Adventures in Recycling!

Back in March 2007 BRITDOC ran a competition for aspiring filmmakers to direct a "Three Minute Wonder" for Channel 4 on the subject of recycling.

Out of over 300 entries, 4 filmmakers were chosen, who used a range of
storytelling skills, from animation to archive to observational
documentary, to tell 4 very different recycling stories. Three of the
winning films were made by Shooters.

You can now watch the winning films on YouTube, visit
www.britdoc.org/foundation/recycling'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently learned that the "artistic" success of any film is not related to its' popularity, but to "quality performance". I'm wondering how artistic do you have to be to make such a topic interesting to the masses.

I've been involved in the garbage business and recycling for some time, but it has only recently become the public's responsibility; with Global Warming, and corporations trying to capture the alternative fuel market...

I'm going to view these films, and give you some industry insights into its' validity and even my opinion on the performance... why not?!

Anonymous said...

I recently learned that the "artistic" success of any film is not related to its' popularity, but to "quality performance". I'm wondering how artistic do you have to be to make such a topic interesting to the masses.

I've been involved in the garbage business and recycling for some time, but it has only recently become the public's responsibility; with Global Warming, and corporations trying to capture the alternative fuel market...

I'm going to view these films, and give you some industry insights into its' validity and even my opinion on the performance... why not?!

Ney Patin Jr.